Find it!

Thursday, March 1, 2012

The World, A Stage

Hello everyone! As this is the first post on this blog, I'd like to share with you the following poem, which I wrote a few months ago (all the content posted here was created by me). Please feel free to criticize it; I am a novice at poetry, and would love to improve.

The World, A Stage:


Is the world a stage?
Or a book's page?
Is life just a trick?
Waiting for another shtick,
One more libretto with a twist.
The globe's an insane, revolving Sputnik,
With destiny, a tryst.

But there must be more than this, I'm sure!
Much more, waiting to be found.
So why submit to our planet's allure,
Submit - so to say,
To this affair of no significance,
To which we are bound.

And throughout this cosmic thespian act,
Which never culminates.
We do not venture to infract,
Our dolce far niente.

- Balram Sharma

No comments:

Post a Comment